Validating a power of attorney


Builder or developer will also ask for registered POA to give you possession of flat and get it registered in your name, in state government records.

This is my own experience with finding the meaning of registered POA and what all is needed to get it.

If a builder/developer has specifically asked you for “registered POA’, then you need to follow the process I have listed above.

A general POA on the other hand would never name a specific property.It is primarily used by NRI (Non-resident Indians) to manage their property in India.If you have bought or thinking about buying an apartment in India and you can’t visit personally to take the possession, use Po A.An experienced lawyer has obviously been there, and done that, and will have a much better idea of what it takes to get a judge to invalidate a POA.An attorney can also line up experts to determine the principal’s mental competence and can serve as a go-between in what is often a nasty, contentious battle between family members.They all boast to guide you well for a good amount of money but believe me, they all just try to fool you.

You must have an account to comment. Please register or login here!